CASTLE OF KALAMATA
Kalamata’s Castle was built in 1208 by William Villehardouinos on top of a pine-covered hill overlooking the sea. At the foot of the castle is the Church of St. John that dates to the post-Byzantine times.
After the lengthy process of restoration, the castle has now opened its doors and welcomes the public daily. In summer, there are a number of performances and concerts that are worth watching.